Hey guys... Just an fyi, my blog makes a lot more sense if you start reading it from the beginning.

Friday, September 5, 2008

It shouldn't matter, but it does

They're together all the time now. They went out on Saturday, got together on Sunday, did something on Wednesday, and have a date tonight. So I guess he likes her. DUH. I'm Captain Obvious. (Or whatever a female Captain would be. I guess still a Captain, right?)

Last night Seth went with me to pick out a new mountain bike (an early b-day present from my Dad) and we had a conversation that almost made me melt into a little puddle on the concrete floor.

I said, "I guess we're gonna have to stop hanging out so much now that you're going out with Teresa."

He looked surprised. "Why?"

"She's not gonna like sharing you with me."

He said, "She'll have to learn to live with it."

"We'll have to pull the plug someday. Once you get married your wife won't feel like sharing you with me either."

"She'll have to."

I snorted (so feminine!) and he grabbed my elbow and made me look at him. He was giving me this look that made my toes curl, I'm not kidding.

"I'm serious. You're part of my life. You're always gonna be part of my life."

See? Melting, right? I know he didn't mean it the way I wanted him to mean it, but I was blushing anyway.

I totally spazzed out and started babbling on about bike treads and the moment was gone, but little moments like that are part of the reason I will never get over him.