Hey guys... Just an fyi, my blog makes a lot more sense if you start reading it from the beginning.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Awww.....

OK, I know I already posted today, but I've gotta post this, even though I know it's probably lame that I'm all photographic memory about it. I figure if by some miracle it works out (yeah right), then I'll have all these sweet moments recorded for our grandchildren to read or whatever.

Yeah, that's it. It's not that I'm obsessing or anything.

We were talking on the phone (he called twice tonight, YES) and I said, “You should come over Saturday, maybe Lisa'll give us a two-for-one."

He said, “You're letting her cut your hair?”

“Yeah. She wants to cut it into a bob."

"Is that short?"

"Yeah, kind of chin length - "

“DON'T CUT IT!” Whaddaya know. He was all interrupty and urgent about it.

"Why not?"

"Just don't."

"I didn't realize you had an opinion."

"I don't think you should cut it."

"Why?"

"I don't know." He was quiet for a minute. "It's really pretty. Do what you want but most guys'll probably like it better long."

That led to a conversation about whether or not I'd actually not cut my hair just because certain guys might like it better long. I pretended like I'd never do something like that, but honestly?

I'm not cutting it now.

Whatever, I never claimed to be enlightened.

He thinks my hair is pretty.

Really pretty.

Sorry for having a moment about something as dumb as that, but we don't ever talk about that stuff, so it was one for the record books. I thought it was so cute how he interrupted me, all DON'T CUT IT!! Almost like it mattered to him how I looked.

Maybe you had to be there, but, to me, it was really sweet.