Hey guys... Just an fyi, my blog makes a lot more sense if you start reading it from the beginning.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

I scream, you scream, we all scream...

Last night Chris, Jordan and Lisa brought a bunch of her stuff over. They're bringing it in stages, since we can't do it all on Saturday (because of Tuacahn).

After we took it all downstairs, Chris twisted my arm a little and we went to get Cold Stone for everyone, except instead of going to the closest Cold Stone he drove to the one in Draper. He said he wanted it to qualify as an actual spur-of-the-moment outing/date, and not errand-running - driving further away would make it more official. He was clearly kidding around, but I wasn't sure why he was making the distinction, so I asked him why it mattered.

"You strike me as one of those don't-kiss-on-the-first-date girls, so it would really work for me if Tuacahn is our second date," he said with a huge grin and a wink.

When I started laughing he reached over and grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze. It surprised me. I almost swallowed my tic-tac.

He's so straightforward, I don't know what to do with myself.

I know it was just an errand, despite his attempts to convince me otherwise, but it was fun. Surprisingly fun.

We brought slightly melty ice cream inside to everyone, and then he had to leave. Before he got back in his car he kissed my hand, all southernly like. That's probably just something he always does to charm girls. (It worked.)

I'm still a little confused about why he's into me, but I'm gonna stop analyzing it. I'm gonna have fun. Because it is fun. I think I've kind of lost sight of that lately- dating is supposed to be fun. Romance is supposed to be fun - not hopeless and dramatic and awful.

What a concept.

And hey, the dry spell might be ending soon.

:)