Hey guys... Just an fyi, my blog makes a lot more sense if you start reading it from the beginning.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Maybe annoying runs in the family

Lisa sat me down last night and gave me a talking to about my hair. She thinks I'm not styling it right.

I was kind of laughing, and she was all, "Cordy, this is serious. I gave you this awesome haircut and you're pulling it up in a ponytail everyday. And I can tell when you wear it down you're not even blow drying it with a round brush." Since I don't have a round brush I just kind of blinked at her, trying to think of how to respond, when she threw in the kicker. "You could be really pretty if you just tried."

Um. Thank you?

She's making me go buy new brushes with her today after work and then she wants to give me a hair lesson. I'm going to try my best not to kill her.

(Don't get me wrong, I really want her to teach me and I appreciate it but I can't help feeling kind of insulted. I guess I've been feeling so good about the whole weight loss thing that I haven't been obsessing over my hair every other minute. MY BAD.)

I'm not all that enthusiastic about her brother right now either.

Last night a bunch of us watched the debate together and the room was evenly split down party lines. I'm voting for one guy, Chris is voting for the other. No big deal, but he was being really obnoxious and patronizing.

He thought I had no idea what I was talking about. "Cordy, you're adorable but I'm not sure you really understand economic policy."

Um... What?! "Did you just call me dumb?"

"What? No, I - "

"You did. You just called me dumb."

"I didn't - "

"I may not understand very much about mathematical physics, but I'm not dumb."

"I don't think you are."

"I minored in poly sci AND I took two economics classes. I'll bet I know more about Barack's economic policy than you do. I mean - who's his senior economic advisor, I'll bet you don't even know."

He grinned at me. "Goolsbee."

Infuriating.

"Cordy, relax."

Ooooooh. "You know what? I don't want to talk to you right now." And I stomped off to my room and called Seth and talked to him for an hour.

(I'm so dumb. I wanted to make Chris mad, so I called Seth but since he has no idea how I feel about Seth, or even any idea that I called him, it was sort of a pointless exercise - other than the whole talking to Seth thing, which is always good.)

When Chris came to my door to say goodbye, I whispered "I'm on the phone," and waved, and he left. He was really annoyed, I could tell.

GOOD.

(On the plus side, it made it super easy to hold the line on anymore making out.)